Cool Unanswered: How do I run a query based on two subforms?

Hi All,

I have a form with 3 subforms (each a combo box). I want to run a query from a combo box (on the 3rd subform) based on the selections from the 1st and 2nd combos. For example:

On my 1st combo, I can choose electrical, plumbing or carpentry.

If I choose electrical on my 1st combo, I can choose power, cabling or consulting (I have this set up already). I choose cabling

I have 3 choices on my 3rd combo box (customers, vendors, research). If I choose customers at this point, I want to run a based on the previous two combo boxes to give me all electrical cabling customers.

Can you help me?

Thanks,
    Johnny

Re: How do I run a query based on two subforms?

Originally posted by MountJohnny
    Hi All,

I have a form with 3 subforms (each a combo box). I want to run a query from a combo box (on the 3rd subform) based on the selections from the 1st and 2nd combos. For example:

On my 1st combo, I can choose electrical, plumbing or carpentry.

If I choose electrical on my 1st combo, I can choose power, cabling or consulting (I have this set up already). I choose cabling

I have 3 choices on my 3rd combo box (customers, vendors, research). If I choose customers at this point, I want to run a based on the previous two combo boxes to give me all electrical cabling customers.

Can you help me?

Thanks,
    Johnny

Are you trying to force the value list in each combo box to be dependent on the selected value in the previous combos, or are you trying to specify criteria to limit the results in a query dynaset?

JDS

this looks like it'll be a challenge, i'll see if i can come up with anything

so you've got a list of job types
    a list of jobs and
    then you want to find all of the customers, vendors or reaschers that use the above boxes
    Last edited by m.timoney; 12-17-02 at 06:15.
    Definition of a Beginner, Someone who doesn't know the rules.

Definition of an Expert, Someone who knows when to ignore the rules.

is this the type of thing you want?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Definition of a Beginner, Someone who doesn't know the rules.

Definition of an Expert, Someone who knows when to ignore the rules.