Unanswered: Open Form Showing Today's Date

I have a form used for data entry.

The Date Field is linked to a table that has all the dates for the year.

What I would like the form to do, is to open showing the current date in the date field. I can not do a calculation because the date is already in a table.

So today is the 12/16/02 and that is the record I would like to see, Tomorrow 12/17/02.

Any suggestions, Thanks.

Re: Open Form Showing Today's Date

Is there other data in the table that needs to be displayed ... ie show me all data for this date type siyuation ...?

Originally posted by parra
    I have a form used for data entry.

The Date Field is linked to a table that has all the dates for the year.

What I would like the form to do, is to open showing the current date in the date field. I can not do a calculation because the date is already in a table.

So today is the 12/16/02 and that is the record I would like to see, Tomorrow 12/17/02.

Any suggestions, Thanks.
    Mona

Do you really need every date in a table as the control source for the text box? Would it not be simpler if you had YouDateField=Date in the On Current event procedure of the form? Just a suggestion.

David

Even simpler would be to set the default value of the textbox to =Date().

I agree with DJN that you probably do not need every date (future that is) in a table. Maybe we could help eliminate the need for this if you would like (just provide some more info plz)

I agree with the others .... if there is no other info in the date table then =date() should be sufficient...

Originally posted by saundone
    Even simpler would be to set the default value of the textbox to =Date().

I agree with DJN that you probably do not need every date (future that is) in a table. Maybe we could help eliminate the need for this if you would like (just provide some more info plz)
    Mona