Thread: Security

Unanswered: Security

I was playing with the security option on Access 2000 and now I need to turn it off and I can't. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Laeskia

Which security? if its just a db password you should be able to go to Tools Security unset password, though u will haev to know what you set it to. if you used user level security you should just be able to open the back up version like normal....if you haev one.
    Let us know
    Jim

Originally posted by JDionne
    Which security? if its just a db password you should be able to go to Tools Security unset password, though u will haev to know what you set it to. if you used user level security you should just be able to open the back up version like normal....if you haev one.
    Let us know
    Jim
    That's just it!! I'm not exactly sure how it got turned on. I know that I went to Tools and Security and then User and Group Accounts and I'm not postive what I entered or what I was playing with. I know that this is a pretty vague problem, but have you encountered anything like this? I tried to just turn off the Logon box(there's instructions on how to do that in the help files) but when I brink up the User and Group Accounts all the buttons underneath that top Name box are greyed out. I'm so frustrated and would appreciate *any* ideas you might have.
    Thanks
    Laeskia

If you entered a password for the admin account delet th epassword (so it is blank) . See if that works (all users use admin account if security isnt enabled). Also make sure admin account has access to all objects.

Hope this helps.

Tim