Post Unanswered: Creating a survery

I need to create a 50 question survey. What's the best method for associating the questions with their multiple-choice answers? I'd like this db to be able to handle any number of future survey/question combinations.

After data has been collected, we'll be creating statistical reports of the results.

There is an article on the Microsoft Knowledge base that might prove helpful.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;101675

David

Re: Creating a survery

You could try using a form for the questions and another for the multiple choice answers.

hope this helps

Originally posted by acad101
    I need to create a 50 question survey. What's the best method for associating the questions with their multiple-choice answers? I'd like this db to be able to handle any number of future survey/question combinations.

After data has been collected, we'll be creating statistical reports of the results.
    the one and only ada17

Addendum to MS Relational Table Design

I think you'll like the results of using the Relational Table Design described on the previous post's link, with the addition of 3 lookup tables

Table: Responses
    Field: Respondent ID [Primary Key]
    Field: Question ID [Primary Key] Field: Response ID

Create lookup tables for each of these fields and relate them.
    For future survey compatibility add survey id to your Survey question table.

Create the form by using one question per screen (per form), or all on one form but be sure to have Question ID Default to value of question asked.