Arrow Unanswered: Access Front End for SQL

Hi,
    Im writing a front end for a mail order company is Access. I am using Access 2002, but the database will be run on site on Access 2000.
    Im completely new to SQL, however I have managed to set up the SQL server, and the Access Project file...

There are a few fundimental differences that are causing me problems... The main one, is that its not possible to filter records on a form. This is because only the first 10000 records are shown and there are many more than this in the table i am working with. I am aware the the way forward here is to send a query and just display the results rather then pull all records into access then filter them, but im having problems sending out the criteria...

Ive set up a 'function' (that is the same as a query right??) and it returns data, but what i cant do is include a text box on a form in the criteria, as it is different from a normal database query.

In an access database i would us
    [Forms]![frmForm].[txtPostCodeSearch]

Do you know (well, im sure you will, its probably one of the most basic things really!) how to do this with an SQL function?

Any help would be great,

Tim Alston
    Gamalan Media Group

Thumbs up Re: Access Front End for SQL

Hi again...

Ive been working on the above problem, and ive foud that by writing the SQL i need (in VBA so no problem accessing the forms text box) and setting the form's RecordSource property to that SQL then the required records are returned.

If you have any better ideas, then please still say...

Thanks,

Tim Alston
    Gamalan Media Group