Unanswered: Storing large text fields for web site

Sorry for the newbie question, but I'm trying to get a database set up for a web site and I've got a serious problem with the 255 character limit on text fields. Is there a quick and easy way to get around this? I really need to store between 500-1500 characters in certain fields, and the only solution I can think of is to try and set up Access to reference externally stored text files.

If this is the only option, my client will be very unhappy if they must manually create these text files. Any advice on how I can get Access to automatically create these files, name them, and reference their filename in a field? Should I just quit on Access and move to SQL server?

Smile

From the Access help files:

"Use the Memo data type if you need to store more than 255 characters. A Memo field can store up to 64,000 characters. If you want to store formatted text or long documents, you should create an OLE field instead of a Memo field."

- sykayda

Oh yea...

Thanks a ton. I was tearing my hair out over nothing I guess. Maybe I'll take a good look at an Access manual before I go posting simple issues in the future!

Actually, you made a nice end to my day: you posted a question that I could answer! After all the assistance others on the forum have given me, it's nice to be able to help someone out. And if there's anything I'm guilty of, it's making something simple into something complicated...