Unanswered: Truncate transaction log?

Hi,

Is it possible to periodically truncate the transactionlog of a DB2 database automatically?

I'm updating two tables in two different databases using a 2-phase-commit, and I don't want any relationship between the two updates to be traceable after the update is done.

Any (other) ideas?

Cheers,

Xander

Re: Truncate transaction log?

If you are using circular log, then the log file will be reused automatically and there is not going to be any trace for the database (or you)

If you are using linear logging, then periodically delete the used log files ... If using archival logging, I'll suggest that you archive and then delete both the archive and the log file ...

Well, anyway, what/why is that you want to remove the trace of ? Did you realize that you will not be able to redo the transaction if your database crashes and you want to do a recovery ?

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by uiterlix
    Hi,

Is it possible to periodically truncate the transactionlog of a DB2 database automatically?

I'm updating two tables in two different databases using a 2-phase-commit, and I don't want any relationship between the two updates to be traceable after the update is done.

Any (other) ideas?

Cheers,

Xander

Re: Truncate transaction log?

When I'm performing two insert-queries on two DB2 databases in one transaction I dont want it to be possible to afterwards relate the data of the two updates. (For the application I want a user to enter some data and register that the user entered some data, but I don't want the data to be traceable to the user afterwards. Anonymous entry for a known usergroup).

Cheers,

Xander

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    If you are using circular log, then the log file will be reused automatically and there is not going to be any trace for the database (or you)

If you are using linear logging, then periodically delete the used log files ... If using archival logging, I'll suggest that you archive and then delete both the archive and the log file ...

Well, anyway, what/why is that you want to remove the trace of ? Did you realize that you will not be able to redo the transaction if your database crashes and you want to do a recovery ?

Cheers

Sathyaram