Unanswered: TNS-12571 TNS:packet writer failure during db creation

Yesterday I've installed Oracle 9i release 2 on my Windows 2000 pc. Everything went fine. Then I've installed OWB. Still everything was ok. Then I've installed JDeveloper and the BI Beans. After then, I was not able anymore to start the dB instance. So I've removed everything again, cleaned-up the registry and the file system, and re-installed Oracle 9i, but now I'm not even able to install an instance. I do get the error: TNS-12571 TNS:packet writer failure while trying to install a db using the "db configuration assistent". And some of the time I've get an "End of communication channel" error (which is anyway one of my most favorites ;-) ) I've even tried to install an 8.1.7. instance but still no success!!The error remains!!!!! What do I have to do now? Format my disc? Buy a new computer? H E L P?

thank you

robert

rkonzelmann@yahoo.de

Re: TNS-12571 TNS:packet writer failure during db creation

Originally posted by konzi
    Yesterday I've installed Oracle 9i release 2 on my Windows 2000 pc. Everything went fine. Then I've installed OWB. Still everything was ok. Then I've installed JDeveloper and the BI Beans. After then, I was not able anymore to start the dB instance. So I've removed everything again, cleaned-up the registry and the file system, and re-installed Oracle 9i, but now I'm not even able to install an instance. I do get the error: TNS-12571 TNSacket writer failure while trying to install a db using the "db configuration assistent". And some of the time I've get an "End of communication channel" error (which is anyway one of my most favorites ;-) ) I've even tried to install an 8.1.7. instance but still no success!!The error remains!!!!! What do I have to do now? Format my disc? Buy a new computer? H E L P?

thank you

robert

rkonzelmann@yahoo.de

Hi Robert,

I too getting a same problem, when installing oracle 8.1.7 on redhat linux 8. Please help me out dude.......!!
    thanx in advance

Rahul

Thumbs up Re: TNS-12571 TNS:packet writer failure during db creation

Originally posted by konzi
    Yesterday I've installed Oracle 9i release 2 on my Windows 2000 pc. Everything went fine. Then I've installed OWB. Still everything was ok. Then I've installed JDeveloper and the BI Beans. After then, I was not able anymore to start the dB instance. So I've removed everything again, cleaned-up the registry and the file system, and re-installed Oracle 9i, but now I'm not even able to install an instance. I do get the error: TNS-12571 TNSacket writer failure while trying to install a db using the "db configuration assistent". And some of the time I've get an "End of communication channel" error (which is anyway one of my most favorites ;-) ) I've even tried to install an 8.1.7. instance but still no success!!The error remains!!!!! What do I have to do now? Format my disc? Buy a new computer? H E L P?

thank you

robert

rkonzelmann@yahoo.de
    Did you clear the C:\>Program Files\Oracle directory. Oracle keeps the inventory ther?
    For the registry, I hope you deleted the whole ... SOFTWARE ... ORACLE key? And reboot right? You can also search the registry for "oracle" word.

Any chance you have some personal firewall on this machine?

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
    OCP - DBA

Thumbs up Re: TNS-12571 TNS:packet writer failure during db creation

Originally posted by rahul
    Hi Robert,

I too getting a same problem, when installing oracle 8.1.7 on redhat linux 8. Please help me out dude.......!!
    thanx in advance

Rahul
    You can check if the shared memory or semaphores got released after the cleanup:

$ipcm

You shouldn't see any oracle entries there.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
    OCP - DBA