Unhappy Unanswered: Merge replication missing transactions

I have 2 servers, one running SQL 2000 and one running SQL 7. On the 2000 box I have 2 databases which are replicating between each other fine using Transactional replication. (One way replication only)

I also wish to use replication to keep a database on the SQL 7 box up to date. (Again the dataflow is ALL one way between the 3 databases)

I have set up Merge replication between these two due to transactional replication not working correctly between the different versions of SQL Server. (I belive this is due to SQL 7 using a date stamp as the unique ID on the table columns and 2000 using a GUID.)

Now whenever I issue an insert/update/delete to the first database in the chain, transactional replication updates the 2nd ok, but merge replication then fails to update the database on the 3rd server.

If I issue an insert/update/delete to the 2nd database in the chain the change is replicated correctly.

Any ideas?...

Smile Re: Merge replication missing transactions

Upgrade SQL2k to SP3. Microsoft have updated this but didn't publicise it at all!

If anyone has any problems with this email me at my username @hotmail.com.

Cheers,

Smile Re: Merge replication missing transactions

Upgrade SQL2k to SP3. Microsoft have updated this but didn't publicise it at all!

If anyone has any problems with this email me at my username @hotmail.com.

Cheers,