Question Unanswered: SQL Profiler run as service?

Is there a means by which I can execute a trace, have the trace run, and be logged out? (i.e run as a service or something to that effect)

Thanks

Not exactly, but you can create a trace to run on the sql server. look up the topic 'sp_trace_create' in books on line. BOL gives a good explination of what's required and this is a good starting point.

I worked for a company that was down right anal about who was doing what, I used this approach do create a poor man's audit log. It was a performance hit but not an option.

Post back if you have specific question on design or implimentation after you have read the help docs.
    Paul Young
    (Knowledge is power! Get some!)

Smile

Originally posted by Paul Young
    Not exactly, but you can create a trace to run on the sql server. look up the topic 'sp_trace_create' in books on line. BOL gives a good explination of what's required and this is a good starting point.

I worked for a company that was down right anal about who was doing what, I used this approach do create a poor man's audit log. It was a performance hit but not an option.

Post back if you have specific question on design or implimentation after you have read the help docs.
    Thanks Paul, I wrote some tsql script and it works just fine - it still took awhile to look up the columns and events but it works well.