Unanswered: Error in the Event Viewer - Database log truncated: Database: DBNAME

Hi,

I am with a problem in my SQL Server 2000 SP1 Database, called Siade.
    A job runned with success but in the Event Viewer I saw an error with
    this message:
    " The description for Event ID ( 17055 ) in Source ( MSSQL$SIADE )
    cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: 18278,
    Database log truncated: Database: Siade."

So I would like to know how the job was succesfully, and there was an
    error in Event Viewer?
    Is this possible?
    Ah! The job has these 3 steps:
    Step 1- exec dbcc_all_dbreindex
    Step 2- backup log Siade with truncate_only
    Step 3- DBCC SHRINKDATABASE (Siade,0)
    Please, reply me! This error is appearing everytime the job is executed and I want to know if I can ignore it...
    Thanks,

Nadia
    Nadia

Exclamation Re: Error in the Event Viewer - Database log truncated: Database: DBNAME

RE: The job has these 3 steps:
    Step 1- exec dbcc_all_dbreindex
    Step 2- backup log Siade with truncate_only
    Step 3- DBCC SHRINKDATABASE (Siade,0)
    Comments:

Q1 DBCC SHRINKDATABASE (Siade,0) will attempt to shrink the DB Siade to 0% free space! Is the Siade DB any kind of normal production DB (with new data inserted, updated, etc.)?
    {If so, 0% free space as a target is likely not the most efficient choice possible. In low DB freespace enviroments any, and possibly many kinds of inserts, may require more extents to be allocated to the DB before a given insert may complete. Triggering a resource intensive DB growth event in this manner may be expected to not only delay the triggering insert itself, but also to generally degrade the server's user responsiveness (until the growth event is completed).

Comment1 Reindexing consumes a Db's free log space (if 0% free space exists in a given DB at the time of reindexing , potentially many many more extents may need to be allocated to grow the DB Log (before the reindexing may complete).

Comment2 In general, Backups are prevented from occuring if certain kinds of schema locks are present (such as those that are applied when growing a DB with 0% free working space to allow reindexing to complete).