Unanswered: Help with DacEasy file conversion

I am trying to do a file conversion from DacEasy to QuickBooks for a client. The client is currently using DacEasy version 9 for DOS. I have DacEasy version 12 for windows.

My client sent me a CD wherein he copied app folders that have anything to do with DacEasy. The CD has something like 12 folders on the main level. Each folder has multiple folders inside the main folder. I cannot find any folders with data files.

If it possible that my client failed to copy the folder(s) that contain the data files for his company?

Admittedly, my client is not the company accountant. He is the company owner, and the accountant is on vacation until after the first of the year. He (the company owner) does not know anything about the accounting side of the business. He wants to get the conversion done before his accountant gets back from vacation, so that the company can have a start date (in QuickBooks) of January 1. The company accountant is familiar with QuickBooks, but is not familiar with doing conversions.

I am familiar with doing conversions, I just am not that familiar with DacEasy software and how the program stores its company data files.

Re: Help with DacEasy file conversion

How has the data conversion gone? I'm interested in going from DAC9 Dos to V12. Did you cnvert files from using btrieve to pervasive sql? It almost seems if after I did the conversion the data appears in the Dac 12 Windows correctly but btreive is still being used behind the scenes.

Any thoughts?

Re: Help with DacEasy file conversion

Originally posted by GlenP
    How has the data conversion gone? I'm interested in going from DAC9 Dos to V12. Did you cnvert files from using btrieve to pervasive sql? It almost seems if after I did the conversion the data appears in the Dac 12 Windows correctly but btreive is still being used behind the scenes.

Any thoughts?

I finished the DacEasy 9 for DOS conversion to QuickBooks without too much trouble. The conversion from DacEasy 9 for DOS to DacEasy 12 was very easy, and I had no problems with that conversion.

As far as btrieve being used behind the scenes, I cannot say, since I do not usually use DacEasy with most of my clients. I am not that familiar with DacEasy and how it actually works, although I plan to become much more proficient with DacEasy during the coming year.

We have converted several DacEasy's to QuickBooks

We have done both DacEasy and PeachTree conversions to QuickBooks.

jchar@qbTeK.com