Unhappy Unanswered: From Clipper DBF to Oracle 8.1.7

Hi every one..
    Can any one tell me whether we can write stored procedures to Read a .DBF file (Clipper) using Oracle PL/SQL and then transfer the data to the Oracle RDBMS??

Don't know about using a stored procedure, but I've moved large Clipper tables into Oracle, by first converting the DBF files to CSV files and then moving these to Oracle with SQLPlus. Recently I moved many small Clipper tables to mySQL, by first moving the DBF tables to MSAccess and then importing the Access tables. Since Access links directly to Oracle, you may find this second method faster and cleaner.

thanx vudu for the prompt reply....
    See My problem is like this.. I have been asked to write a routine for migrating the data that is there in Clipper DBF files to oracle RDBMS(8.1.7). I've been only given the dbschema and the tables with dummy data(Coz actual data is that of a Bank so the info is very sensitive.). These tables i was able to open in Access and it has given me a fair understanding of their structures. I do not have any access to actual data base.I have to write routines that wll automate the process of migration.I just want to know if WE can read .DBF files using oracle PL/SQL stored procedures? So that i can write these procedures and test them on dummy data and then send them across to our client where he will actually perform the migration using these PL/SQL procedures. OR first i have to convert this data into ASCII(Flat file format) and then use Oracle SQL * Loader to do the migration. PLease Advice!!!!!