Unanswered: privilege to run "db2 get db cfg for..."?

Hello, Everyone, Merry Christmas!

Does anyone know what kind of privilege that I need to run "db2 get db cfg for <db name>"? Under current right, I can run "db2 runstats on table ...", but when I run "db2 get db cfg for..", it throws the exception, "user name/password incorrect ..". Is that because of privilege problem? Or, any other problem?

Thanks,
    aproxy

Re: privilege to run "db2 get db cfg for..."?

When you do a 'db2 get db cfg', an implicit attachment is made to the instance for the time of running the command ...

Hence, when issuing the command from the client, the client will try to attach to the instance on the server ... If you are using SERVER authentication, the attachment will fail as valid user/password is not given .... This is the error message you get ...

To overcome this, explicitly attach to the remote instance ...

db2 attach to <nodename> user <uid> using <pwd>
    db2 get db cfg for <dbname>

This should work ...

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by aproxy
    Hello, Everyone, Merry Christmas!

Does anyone know what kind of privilege that I need to run "db2 get db cfg for <db name>"? Under current right, I can run "db2 runstats on table ...", but when I run "db2 get db cfg for..", it throws the exception, "user name/password incorrect ..". Is that because of privilege problem? Or, any other problem?

Thanks,
    aproxy