Unhappy Unanswered: Date() and #Name?

Might be a trivial question for many. Here is the scenerio:

Small network, two users. Both using Access 97, Win 98SE. One of them creates a database that perfectly works on his computer and in the input form enters an Autodate function for the current date. Second user can use almost same features on his computer but instead of seeing the current date, he sees #Name? as oppose the first user who sees the current date.

I have no idea why that happens. Both users are using the full install of MS Access 97. One hint could be that when the first user wrote some custom VB code, it wasn't working properly on the other person's comp as well. PLEASE HELP. Thank you

Question Re: Date() and #Name?

I had almost the same problem with Access2000 and the only solution was to have on the PC where you run the code the same or newer MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Componects) as on PC where you created MDB. Go to www.microsoft.com/data and download newest MDAC 2.7 and JET 4 (it's separate download!), then install it, restart your PCs (you have Win98) and then create new MDB file and import all the tables, queries, code, .... and then try to share that new MDB.

maybe it won't help, but it is a good start

before you do it, make sure you have Access97 service pack 2b - if not go to office.microsoft.com

jiri

Re: Date() and #Name?

Thank you, awesome information

Originally posted by playernovis
    I had almost the same problem with Access2000 and the only solution was to have on the PC where you run the code the same or newer MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Componects) as on PC where you created MDB. Go to www.microsoft.com/data and download newest MDAC 2.7 and JET 4 (it's separate download!), then install it, restart your PCs (you have Win98) and then create new MDB file and import all the tables, queries, code, .... and then try to share that new MDB.

maybe it won't help, but it is a good start

before you do it, make sure you have Access97 service pack 2b - if not go to office.microsoft.com

jiri

A simple solution would be to change from

Date()
    to
    CurrentDate()

Yes, that would be but doesn't solve the other ones. What I had to do is to install SR2 and then import the whole DB into a new DB. Works fine now. Thanks everybody