Thread: DB2 Parameter

Unanswered: DB2 Parameter

Hi,

I'm developing a VB ASP.NET application, accessing mainframe DB2 (external function) stored procedure. Everything is working except when the input parameter is space, i.e. input="001 02". If I have the input as "001A02", then everyting is working properly. But when there is space, then I get the following error:

[DB2] SQL30000N Execution failed because of a Distributed Protocol Error that will not affect the successful execution of subsequent commands or SQL statements: Reason Code "220E"(""). SQLSTATE=58008

The stored procedure is tested on mainframe (with space in the parameter) and it works fine. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Charles.

Re: DB2 Parameter

Probably you have looked into the message reference .. If not, here it is ...

I'd suggest that you contact IBM for support ...

SQL30000N Execution failed because of a Distributed Protocol Error that will not affect the successful execution of subsequent commands or SQL statements: Reason Code "<reason-code(subcode)>".

Explanation: A system error occurred that prevented successful processing of the current environment command or SQL statement. This message (SQLCODE) is produced at statement compilation or execution time.

The command or statement cannot be processed. The current transaction is not rolled back and the application remains connected to the remote database.

User Response: Record the message number and the reason code. Record all error information from the SQLCA, if possible. Attempt to rerun the application.

If sufficient memory resources exist and the problem continues, invoke the Independent Trace Facility at the operating system command prompt. Refer to the Independent Trace Facility in the Troubleshooting Guide for information on how to use this facility.

Required information:

Problem description
    SQLCODE and reason code
    SQLCA contents if possible
    Trace file if possible.
    sqlcode: -30000

sqlstate: 58008

Originally posted by VC2
    Hi,

I'm developing a VB ASP.NET application, accessing mainframe DB2 (external function) stored procedure. Everything is working except when the input parameter is space, i.e. input="001 02". If I have the input as "001A02", then everyting is working properly. But when there is space, then I get the following error:

[DB2] SQL30000N Execution failed because of a Distributed Protocol Error that will not affect the successful execution of subsequent commands or SQL statements: Reason Code "220E"(""). SQLSTATE=58008

The stored procedure is tested on mainframe (with space in the parameter) and it works fine. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Charles.

Thanks for the suggestion. I came across the message reference before. But it is so vague. I can't seem to make any sense out of it.