Unanswered: saving blob data type into DB2 database

Hi,
    Is there any specific client configuration setting that is required to be able to save data into a table which contains a blob data type?
    We have an application which inserts data into a table involving blobs in certain scenarios. Using the same application and same scenarios, it works from machine A (application server) connecting to Database X (Database server XX). The same scenario does not work from application server B connecting to the same database X (Database server XX). So, I am guessing if it has anything to do with the client configuration settings on the application server. I looked at the db2cli.ini and it has similar settings. Is there anything specific client configuration settings that need to be done to make it work?
    Please let me know if anyone has encountered a similar problem and have a solution.
    Thanks,
    veluru

Re: saving blob data type into DB2 database

I can't think of any on top of my head ...

What is the error message you get ?

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by vveluru
    Hi,
    Is there any specific client configuration setting that is required to be able to save data into a table which contains a blob data type?
    We have an application which inserts data into a table involving blobs in certain scenarios. Using the same application and same scenarios, it works from machine A (application server) connecting to Database X (Database server XX). The same scenario does not work from application server B connecting to the same database X (Database server XX). So, I am guessing if it has anything to do with the client configuration settings on the application server. I looked at the db2cli.ini and it has similar settings. Is there anything specific client configuration settings that need to be done to make it work?
    Please let me know if anyone has encountered a similar problem and have a solution.
    Thanks,
    veluru

Re: saving blob data type into DB2 database

Hi Satya

This following is the error message that we are getting.

SQL0301N The value of a host variable in the EXECUTE or OPEN statement
    cannot be used because of its data type. SQLSTATE=07006

at versata.vls.VSJdbcStatement.executeUpdate(VSJdbcSt atement.java:745)
    at
    versata.vls.XDASQLConnector.updateBlobColumns(XDAS QLConnector.java:1064)
    at
    versata.vls.XDASQLConnector.updateDBWithSingleStat ement(XDASQLConnector.java:926)
    at versata.vls.XDASQLConnector.save(XDASQLConnector.j ava:803)
    at
    com.ams.revenue.infr.ARSQLConnector.save(ARSQLConn ector.java:127)
    at

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    I can't think of any on top of my head ...

What is the error message you get ?

Cheers

Sathyaram

Hey,

I am facing same problem... I am trying to submit http post in multiple threads, and I am getting "Optimistic Failture!" error

at com.versata.tl.vls.dataaccess.XDASQLConnector.vali dateRowCount(XDASQLConnector.java:1172)
    at com.versata.tl.vls.dataaccess.XDASQLConnector.exec uteUpdate(XDASQLConnector.java:1028)
    at com.versata.tl.vls.dataaccess.XDASQLConnector.save (XDASQLConnector.java:991)
    at com.versata.tl.vls.core.VSTransactionInfo.xdaSave( VSTransactionInfo.java:970)
    at com.versata.tl.vls.core.VSTransactionInfo.flushCac he(VSTransactionInfo.java:865)
    at com.versata.tl.vls.core.VSTransactionInfo.flushCac he(VSTransactionInfo.java:830)
    at com.versata.tl.vls.core.VSORBSessionImpl_Common.co mmit(VSORBSessionImpl_Common.java:478)

Please let me know the solution if you know...

is there anything related to websphere configuration to handle multiple http request?

Thanks
    DG