Thread: Serious Problem

Unhappy Unanswered: Serious Problem

I was trying restoring from backup.I am encountering an error."SQL2048N An error occurred while accessing object "SQL PROCEDURE FILES".Reason code: "7".
    How to round this problem
    Please help ,
    Thank everyone in advance

Re: Serious Problem

Anupam

Check the db2diag.log file ... There will be an entry saying that a particular directory cannot be removed ... Try manually removing the directory ... If you could do this , well and good ... Otherwise, stop the db2 instance, remove the directory and then start the instance.... You should be able to connect now ...

HTH

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by Anupam
    I was trying restoring from backup.I am encountering an error."SQL2048N An error occurred while accessing object "SQL PROCEDURE FILES".Reason code: "7".
    How to round this problem
    Please help ,
    Thank everyone in advance

Re: Serious Problem

Dear Sathyaram,
    Thanks you so much for your timely help.I am able solve the problem by deleting the schema directory.
    This is a known limitation in version 7 and, unfortunately, due to design considerations it cannot be resolved in the current version. This sometimes occurs when the operating system does not allow DB2 to remove the directory /sqllib/function/routine/sqlproc/<db> for a given database.
    Thanks a lot once again. It is people like u who are always ready with the solution.Great going.
    Regards,

Anupam

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    Anupam

Check the db2diag.log file ... There will be an entry saying that a particular directory cannot be removed ... Try manually removing the directory ... If you could do this , well and good ... Otherwise, stop the db2 instance, remove the directory and then start the instance.... You should be able to connect now ...

HTH

Cheers

Sathyaram