show vba variable in a form

How can I make a textbox on a form show a "public"-variable?
    I made a code which generates de value of a variable (let's say "intTest". But now I want to show this variable on a form. I hoped that i could just refer to it by giving the name "intTest" at the properties of a textbox.

Thanks for your time

Re: show vba variable in a form

you can have public variable... just define it out of any sub or function with PUBLIC word

e.g.

PUBLIC strMyText as string

then

if you have a let's say text box on the form and you want to put that value into in....

use me.txtMyText.Value = strMyText when you open the form or when you hit the button

the ther way is to use function, which returns the value

Public Function ReturnMyValue() As String
    ReturnMyValue = strMystring
    End Function

and use the function as data source for that field

jiri

Question Passing VBA variables to a print report

I use that exact method to pass a beginning and ending date to the report so they may be printed on the report. When I go to print preview or just print, the data variables do not show up. When I changed to code from acViewReport to acViewPreview the variables show up only on page one of the preview but do not print. There must be something I don't understand about this.

DoCmd.OpenReport "Company Sales", acViewReport, , "[Sales]!ClosingDate BETWEEN" & StartDate & " And " & EndDate

On the report itself I use as a control source =GetEnd() and =GetStart() functions to display the dates in text boxes on the report.

Public Function GetStart()
    GetStart = Sdate
    Sdate = ""
    End Function

Public Function GetEnd()
    GetEnd = EDate
    EDate = ""
    End Function

Again, with acViewReport the variables show up in Report View but not Print; with acViewPreview they show up on the first page only but still do not print.

I really am confused.

Why do you clear the value of sdate and edate after one use..... that would explain why you see them only once.

Strictly speaking when you open the report you should format and delimt you date values properly.
    Delimit with #
    Format as ISO yyyy mm dd, or US MM mm dd yyyy

There should be a space after each word, in this case after the between
    Code:
     ...between #" & format(startdate, "yyyy mm dd") & "# and #"......

Assuming sdate is your global variable in your report assign the value of sdate to whatever control formatted as required, if required.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    Why do you clear the value of sdate and edate after one use..... that would explain why you see them only once.

Strictly speaking when you open the report you should format and delimt you date values properly.
    Delimit with #
    Format as ISO yyyy mm dd, or US MM mm dd yyyy

There should be a space after each word, in this case after the between
    Code:
     ...between #" & format(startdate, "yyyy mm dd") & "# and #"......

Assuming sdate is your global variable in your report assign the value of sdate to whatever control formatted as required, if required.
    Before I enter the select sequence to pick a report, both SDate and EDate are manipulated -
    Sdate = Replace(StartDate, "#", "")
    EDate = Replace(EndDate, "#", "")
    Select Case ReportValue

At the moment I don't know why I was clearing them but I'm sure it will surface at some point. In the mean time, removing the clear steps fixed the problem Thank you for your help.