Unanswered: Dear Tony Andrew

Thank about help me.I have some question for you.
    I want to set up Oracle 9i in Xp so Can you show me the guild to set up Oracle in Xp .Please help me.
    Thank you a lot.My Email address :loipn217@yahoo.com

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Dear Tony Andrew

Originally posted by loipn217
    Thank about help me.I have some question for you.
    I want to set up Oracle 9i in Xp so Can you show me the guild to set up Oracle in Xp .Please help me.
    Thank you a lot.My Email address :loipn217@yahoo.com
    I'm not sure what help I can give you. As I have replied before, I have successfully installed Oracle 9i on XP. There were no difficulties, I just ran the setup program, answered the questions, and after about half an hour Oracle 9i was up and running.

What kind of guidance are you looking for? Do you have a set of CD-ROMs with Oracle 9i on them, or are you downloading it from the Oracle web site? Have you run the setup program?

Please state clearly what you have done, and what your problem is, then maybe I (or more likely someone else!) will be able to help you.

Smile

First, Oracle 9i is certified on Windows XP Professional - ONLY !! Make sure you have this version.

Second, the installation has been very similar to the previous 8i version. In case, that is your first time, take a look at these screenshots for 8i from Here

If you hit some rock bottom, post your problems with error messages. It will be easy to explain this way.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa - OCP - DBA