Question SMC router help needed!!

I am trying to connect to Bell Sympatico high speed service using
    a SMC2404WBR router that connects to Bells Alcatel modem via PPPoE. I have setup the SMC router with the userid and the password selected PPPoE and connected that to my Alcatel DSL modem. I can’t see my LEDs flickering on the Alcatel DSL modem. I cannot get access to the internet through the router. I have tried the user knowledgebase at the SMC site with no success with the information they provided.

On the Alcatel DSLmodem both LEDs (power and Line Sync are on solid). Bell supplied me with an account number 'B1xxxxxx' - I was able to go direct through the modem. Does anybody have any experience with this SMC and
    Bell DSL (Alcatel modem) combination? I don't want to use the Access Manager software from Bell, since it limits the number of users within the house.

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks!!

I'm in the same Boat. SMC hates ALCATEL!

I'm having the same problem, and I'm pretty stumped. A few weeks ago when I first started looking for help I couldn't find too many others with the same problem, and now the threads are popping up everywhere.

So far the ONLY solution I've seen to this problem is swapping the Modem for a non-Alcatel, but since bell doesn't use anything else, we're kinda stuck.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions at this point that might actually work, but I'll let you know if anything turns up in my own personal struggle.

Bobiloco

I'm in the same Boat. SMC hates ALCATEL!

Well, I changed routers and took the speedstream supplied by Bell and voila - it works like a charm.

If you are using a Bell Canada service provider you can ask for a speedstream modem.

Take care