Thread: FTP Data

Arrow Unanswered: FTP Data

Hello Guys,
    Our shop is running DB2 UDB 7.1 on AIX platform. My shell script does some purging and on top of purging it first stores the data in a file which is then uploaded to MainFrame, BUT the problme is in FTP process. I can manually FTP to MF but thats not a good option. I want to automate the process so that it automactically sends the file to MF. I know the wayout of doing the same from Windows to AIX (which involves two ftp files, one ftp file contains all the commands in sequence and other ftp file simply calls the first one with a special switch). I tried doing the same on AIX to MF but it didn't work!!!
    Have any of you encountered a problem like this? if yes, please share your solution as well!!!

Thanks in advance

Paul

Re: FTP Data

Originally posted by dollar489
    Hello Guys,
    Our shop is running DB2 UDB 7.1 on AIX platform. My shell script does some purging and on top of purging it first stores the data in a file which is then uploaded to MainFrame, BUT the problme is in FTP process. I can manually FTP to MF but thats not a good option. I want to automate the process so that it automactically sends the file to MF. I know the wayout of doing the same from Windows to AIX (which involves two ftp files, one ftp file contains all the commands in sequence and other ftp file simply calls the first one with a special switch). I tried doing the same on AIX to MF but it didn't work!!!
    Have any of you encountered a problem like this? if yes, please share your solution as well!!!

Thanks in advance

Paul
    I found this link and it looks like it will work. This is for a korn shell script:
    http://dfrench.tripod.com/mkdlbat.html
    Laura Smith, DBA