Question Unanswered: Server Agent and Job Scheduler Sequel 2000

I have a DTS defined that downloads 3 tables from another server and when I interactively run the DTS it takes about 5 minutes to complete the download. When I take this same DTS and schedule it it ends up taking about 28 hours to complete. It does eventually finish, but it makes no sense that the difference in execution time would be so great.

Does anyone know why the submitted DTS takes so long compared to running it manually?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Jon

Where are the other tables located - is it in another sql server ? How big are the tables ? Have you monitored the process to see what is taking so long - it is inserting ... or is it getting hung somewhere else ? Anything in the sql server error logs - also which version including service pack are you running ?

The tables are not that big, maybe 80-100,000 records each. They reside on an A/S400. The scheduled job does complete, but just takes hours to complete while if I simply run it in Enterprise manager it takes minutes. I'm not really sure how to monitor a scheduled job. I'm running Sequel 2000 with service pack two. Thanks for any ideas.