Exclamation Unanswered: Sceduled Job Failure

OK, here is the problem...

I am accessing a TurboImage database (ISAM Files) from a remote HP3000 miniframe using ODBC32.

I have a stored procedure named getClasses that takes a single varchar parameter.

The procedure works in Query Analyzer and performs the 2 openquery operations and update three local tables.

However, my goal is to automate this andf run it every 15 minutes or so.

I set up the job to run the query getClasses "A233" but the job fails to run. I get a couple different errors in the job history after changing users.

Executed as user: download. Remote access not allowed for Windows NT user activated by SETUSER. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7410). The step failed.

This seems to be the most prevalent. I was running as the server, but the server account is not mappable to the remote server. The username and password for the HP3000 is setup in the ODBC connection. As such is not provided in the security tab of the remote servers.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
    Jeff Jones
    Software Architect
    http://www.linkedin.om/in/jeffjones1972
    jeff@lordjester.com
    425-345-8293

NT user activated by SETUSER

I am having a similar problem.

A job that has been running daily, suddenly stopped working and is giving this error:

Executed as user: AA\abc. Remote access not allowed for Windows NT user activated by SETUSER. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7410). The step failed.

Previously, it was giving:

Executed as user: AA\abc. The step succeeded.

When I click on the job in Enterprise Managers and select "Start" it runs fine giving:

Executed as user: AA\SvcAdmin. The step succeeded.

Apparently, since I am a System Administrator, it ignores the "run as self" and runs as the SQLAgent Service Account.

If I logon as AA\abc then click on the job in Enterprise Managers and select "Start" it also gives the error:

Executed as user: AA\abc. Remote access not allowed for Windows NT user activated by SETUSER. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7410). The step failed.

If I make AA\abc a System Administrator, it also runs fine as a scheduled job, running as the SQLAgent Service Account.

I am not sure why this job stopped working. It is clear that it could only run as sysadmin. All I can think of is that permissions changed on the account running the job?

See Also:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...811031&SD=MSDN
    PRB: SQL Server Agent Job Fails When the Job Uses a Linked Server and the Job Owner Is Not a System Administrator

http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/archive.../msg00153.html
    To work around the problem, you may:
    1. Change the job owner to SA.
    Or,
    2. Try to edit the job step that executes the Stored Procedure from TSQL to
    OSQL:
    ----In the Edit Job step dialog box, general tab, change the type from TSQL to Operating System Command
    ----Change the command to osql -E -Q"exec StoredProc"

Last edited by sturnfield; 02-06-03 at 18:21.