Red face Unanswered: Email not being sent due to error type 101

I am attempting to have an email response sent as a page loads. My first method was using inlineaction tags and had success on one machine (not web server).
    I transferred it to the server and everything worked great, except the email would not send and the error log returned a type 101 response saying, "Error occurred while sending mail". I then tried using a meta refresh and hardcoding the information into a link. Same error message both methods. (The format page with data loads great with no error codes generated - email just won't go and error shows up in the error.log)

I can send email via a script through my default email app, but I'd like to avoid the scripted approach.

Any suggestions? (FMP5.5.2U on Win2k)

For reference, here is the Inline Action Code that works on the non-server machine:

[FMP-InlineAction: -db=conv03_.fp5,-lay=rm_report,
    -recID="{CurrentRecID}",
    -mailto=jproman@earthlink.net,
    -mailfrom="{field:jpr_email}",
    -mailsub="{field:email1sub}",
    -mailhost="{field:jpr_host}",
    -mailformat=rm_report.txt,
    -find]

thanks,
    Paul

Re: Email not being sent due to error type 101

Originally posted by jproman
    I am attempting to have an email response sent as a page loads. My first method was using inlineaction tags and had success on one machine (not web server).
    I transferred it to the server and everything worked great, except the email would not send and the error log returned a type 101 response saying, "Error occurred while sending mail". I then tried using a meta refresh and hardcoding the information into a link. Same error message both methods. (The format page with data loads great with no error codes generated - email just won't go and error shows up in the error.log)

I can send email via a script through my default email app, but I'd like to avoid the scripted approach.

Any suggestions? (FMP5.5.2U on Win2k)

For reference, here is the Inline Action Code that works on the non-server machine:

[FMP-InlineAction: -db=conv03_.fp5,-lay=rm_report,
    -recID="{CurrentRecID}",
    -mailto=jproman@earthlink.net,
    -mailfrom="{field:jpr_email}",
    -mailsub="{field:email1sub}",
    -mailhost="{field:jpr_host}",
    -mailformat=rm_report.txt,
    -find]

thanks,
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

As a quick question, and in the hopes of possibly identifying whether your problem is arising from the use of the InLine Action, a Syntax Error, or something else, I would suggest the following testing:

1. Create an HTML File with a Refresh set with only a second or two delay, directing the user to a URL which contains these commands:
    e.g <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="60;FMPro?-db=conv03_.fp5&-lay=rm_report&-format=emailsuccess.htm&-error=error.htm&-recid=[FMP-CurrentRecID]&-mailto=jproman@earthlink.net&-mailfrom=[FMP-Field:jpr_email,URL]&-mailhost=[FMP-Field:jpr_host,URL]&-mailformat=rm_report.txt&-find">

2. I had difficulties sending emails from FMP5 Unlimited, until I started including ALL Email Variables (including BCC & CC), even if I set them to a blank value (i.e. <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-mailBCC" VALUE="">)

These are just quick suggestions, which may or may not be appropriate for your application - chances are you'll find the problem yourself if you try and implement these suggestions.

Thanks
    Luke