Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Design Document

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2

    Design Document

    Hi,

    Please provide me with some good design document/ link.

    Regards ,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,171

    Re: Design Document

    Originally posted by sursujmad
    Hi,

    Please provide me with some good design document/ link.

    Regards ,
    More information required: what is it you want to design? Is there a particular DBMS you need to work with?
    Anyway, here are some links you may or may not find useful:
    http://www.utexas.edu/cc/database/datamodeling/
    http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/
    http://www.dbazine.com/
    http://www.dbdebunk.com/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    7

    Red face Re: Design Document

    Originally posted by andrewst
    More information required: what is it you want to design? Is there a particular DBMS you need to work with?
    Anyway, here are some links you may or may not find useful:
    http://www.utexas.edu/cc/database/datamodeling/
    http://searchdatabase.techtarget.com/
    http://www.dbazine.com/
    http://www.dbdebunk.com/
    Hi,
    I need help with the design document for a database for an online application. The application is an online student feedback survey for a university. The database will probably be MySql (due to low budget).
    Do you know where i can find some sample design document for such a system, or similar one?
    Any ideas or tips in general?
    Mikla

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,171

    Re: Design Document

    Originally posted by mikla
    Hi,
    I need help with the design document for a database for an online application. The application is an online student feedback survey for a university. The database will probably be MySql (due to low budget).
    Do you know where i can find some sample design document for such a system, or similar one?
    Any ideas or tips in general?
    Mikla
    I don't know anything about student feedback surveys in particular - maybe someone else does.
    As for "Any ideas or tips in general?" this is so vague that all I can suggest is: get a beginner's book on database design and/or enroll on a course. You need to understand relational databases - a good book would be C J Date's Introduction to Database Systems.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •