Unanswered: Problem with Installation of Oracle Application Server

Hi!!

I hope that there is someone out there who could help me to solve a problem which are driving me crazy... I've first installed("Windows XP pro") Oracle Database 9I on my computer then according("Im new to DB") to the book("101 Oracle Web Application by Sten E. Vesterli") i should Install oracle application server in another home directory.. and up to now.. everything works.. but during installation a error message pops up and says: "Installation has detected that a fully qualified hostname has not been specified for this host. Oracle9I Application server installation requires a default domain name to be specified for each host where it is installed......" How should the file c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts - be config in order to indenify a "qualified" host...?

My hosts file contains only one row:

127.0.0.1 localhost

/regards

Mike
    Last edited by Mike_E; 01-06-03 at 11:18.

A fully qualified host name is your entire name for the computer as it would live on the internet. For example, foo.bar.com.

Hi, marist89!

My computer name is "lab" and I want to use localhost.. Is "lab" a qualified host name... how does Oracle decide wheter my hostname are ok or not?

/Mike

It wants to see a name.domain and not just a hostname.

but my server should only be run in a local environment.. how should I trigger the name.domin..?

/Mike