Question Unanswered: Missing files upon installation

Hi all
    I am wondering if anyone can help me in this problem I am having now... I posted on this site a few weeks ago about a problem with my SAMPLE database. Before to go further I will provide you with a bit of details:

I am running the version 5.0 of DB2Connect in a TWOPHASE COMMIT setup on WINDOWS NT Server.

Whenever I install DB2 on the box, I have no problems, however when I try to create the SAMPLE Database, because I need it the be used as a tm_database, I get through, but it either give me an I/O error or some other type of problem, and of course I don't get the database created and therefore, the clients trying to connect to the SAMPLE database are unable to do so!

I am unable to locate the db2sampl.exe file on the server neither any other files needed ( olapsmp.exe ; dwcsmp.exe)

We have right now an other server running fine but this is the server I need to replace; If from that server I try to create a new local DB I have no problems creating it.....

I kind of lost here.... Please HELP!!!

Regards
    Florent

Re: Missing files upon installation

DB2 Connet is a client product ... You cannot create a database in it ...

If you want to create a database for other clients to access, you will need to install Enterprise Edition of DB2 or atleast the workgroup edition of DB2 ..

HTH

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by ftastet
    Hi all
    I am wondering if anyone can help me in this problem I am having now... I posted on this site a few weeks ago about a problem with my SAMPLE database. Before to go further I will provide you with a bit of details:

I am running the version 5.0 of DB2Connect in a TWOPHASE COMMIT setup on WINDOWS NT Server.

Whenever I install DB2 on the box, I have no problems, however when I try to create the SAMPLE Database, because I need it the be used as a tm_database, I get through, but it either give me an I/O error or some other type of problem, and of course I don't get the database created and therefore, the clients trying to connect to the SAMPLE database are unable to do so!

I am unable to locate the db2sampl.exe file on the server neither any other files needed ( olapsmp.exe ; dwcsmp.exe)

We have right now an other server running fine but this is the server I need to replace; If from that server I try to create a new local DB I have no problems creating it.....

I kind of lost here.... Please HELP!!!

Regards
    Florent

Re: Missing files upon installation

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    DB2 Connet is a client product ... You cannot create a database in it ...

If you want to create a database for other clients to access, you will need to install Enterprise Edition of DB2 or atleast the workgroup edition of DB2 ..

HTH

Cheers

Sathyaram
    Sathyaram
    Thank you for your fast answer; we recenty received the Entreprise Edition of DB2; I guess we have a trial period for this version?? I will install it and let you know

Thank you for your help
    Regards
    Florent