Unanswered: A question of theory

So, Im trying to create a very limited scheduling DB, and this is my first time really using access for something other than homework assignments (still in school).

What it is that Im wondering:

A user is entering in an employee's weekly schedule (date, time-in, and time-out). Is there something in access that I could use to prompt the user ithat would say an employee is nearing or over weeklyHours (weeklyHours>40).

If the answer is quite a bit complex, theneither yes or no would do, unless of course you would like to expand.

Im not really planning on implementing this feature anytime soon, but knowing that Access can or can't do this would allow me to ponder other aspects of Access.

Thanks,
    Josh P
    "My Idea is that everyone should be required to use small fonts. That way we'll save disk space.
    ~Asok.

Re: A question of theory

Originally posted by okiiyama
    So, Im trying to create a very limited scheduling DB, and this is my first time really using access for something other than homework assignments (still in school).

What it is that Im wondering:

A user is entering in an employee's weekly schedule (date, time-in, and time-out). Is there something in access that I could use to prompt the user ithat would say an employee is nearing or over weeklyHours (weeklyHours>40).

If the answer is quite a bit complex, theneither yes or no would do, unless of course you would like to expand.

Im not really planning on implementing this feature anytime soon, but knowing that Access can or can't do this would allow me to ponder other aspects of Access.

Thanks,
    Josh P
    The form has afterupdate and afterinsert events. You could put code in there to total up the employees hours and if it breaks the threshold display a message using the Msgbox method or function.

Lightbulb Re: A question of theory

There are actually numerous ways to do what you are asking. Aside from performing actions on update of the form, you could also perform this action for every or selected employees with a click of a button or at the open of the scheduling database.