Unanswered: ActiveX Licence Issues

Hi guys,

Strange one ....

I have a DB that has an activeX control (Common Dialog Control Version 6). It works on all machines except 1/2 a dozen machines.

Of these machines I have successfully installed the activeX control on 4 of the 6. The other 2 are crying " ... no licence ... see vendor..." All the machines are of the same age, same install .... sam OS ...

I have had a two week holiday and my brain is dead .... any help at this point would be great ...
    Mona

Question Re: ActiveX Licence Issues

My machine did this (on all activeX's) and it was driving me insane. However something went wrong with my machine (unrelated) and it had to be formatted and rebuild.

After it was rebuild the ActiveX's worked fine. I think this was 'cos office was reinstalled. It's a pain in the ass but if you reinstall office it should fix it.

Re: ActiveX Licence Issues

Tried the reinstall .... one worked the other didn't .... think I might just use the API calls instead of relying on the ActiveX control ....

Originally posted by johncameron
    My machine did this (on all activeX's) and it was driving me insane. However something went wrong with my machine (unrelated) and it had to be formatted and rebuild.

After it was rebuild the ActiveX's worked fine. I think this was 'cos office was reinstalled. It's a pain in the ass but if you reinstall office it should fix it.
    Mona