Unanswered: Doubt in sqlloader

hello
    I have some doubts can u plz clarify

1) What is the difference between index created on Unique Constraint
    and Index created on Primary Key Constraint

2) how can we solve the errors while we are loading the data from a flat file to oracle using sql loader.. that is not using bad,log file any other way is there to solve the errors dynamically.
    that is what i mean is let us assume that we are loading 2 million records into a target dataware house using sql loader if 10k records are not properly loaded bcaz of some problem. how can we solve the problem and resume the loading process.. is it possible??

3)How to monitor the performance tuning for 2 million records database on which not only querying but also performing insertion and updation.

Thank U

Re: Doubt in sqlloader

Originally posted by vadlamanibujji
    hello
    I have some doubts can u plz clarify

1) What is the difference between index created on Unique Constraint
    and Index created on Primary Key Constraint

2) how can we solve the errors while we are loading the data from a flat file to oracle using sql loader.. that is not using bad,log file any other way is there to solve the errors dynamically.
    that is what i mean is let us assume that we are loading 2 million records into a target dataware house using sql loader if 10k records are not properly loaded bcaz of some problem. how can we solve the problem and resume the loading process.. is it possible??

3)How to monitor the performance tuning for 2 million records database on which not only querying but also performing insertion and updation.

Thank U
    The Index Created on a primary key will not allow null values..
    but the index created on a unique column will allow null values.

The best way to handle those errors is by using Pro*C to load your data.
    nn

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Doubt in sqlloader

2) If you use SQL Loader, you cannot handle errors dynamically. You could use Pro*C instead, as NoviceNo1 suggests, or you could SQLLoad the data into an intermediate table with no constraints first, then write a PL/SQL program to move the data into the real table and handle the error.

3) Performance tuning is a big subject, though 2 million records isn't a big database. The most important thing is to get your database design right up front, and to write good code - especially, to ensure that bind variables are used throughout. Then use the Explain Plan, SQL Trace and TKPROF tools to examine the performance of areas where there may be issues. If I was to recommend one book it would be "Expert One-on-One Oracle" by Tom Kyte.