Unhappy Unanswered: MS Access database -- not authorized/permission

I am getting message that I don't have authorization to open access database. It is access 97 and I am trying to open with 2000. The guy who created it is no longer here and database is not password protected. Any ideas how i could give myself authorization to this database so I could get to its components. Any help is much appreciated.

Re: MS Access database -- not authorized/permission

Originally posted by mnk
    I am getting message that I don't have authorization to open access database. It is access 97 and I am trying to open with 2000. The guy who created it is no longer here and database is not password protected. Any ideas how i could give myself authorization to this database so I could get to its components. Any help is much appreciated.
    Sounds like you might need to join a certain workgroup file to access that database.

Thanks firstandgoal4,

Would you eloborate a little bit more on what files should I join and how? thanks again..

Originally posted by mnk
    Thanks firstandgoal4,

Would you eloborate a little bit more on what files should I join and how? thanks again..
    By default, you are get access to mdb's through the system.mdw file located on your machine (typically in winnt\system32). If the database you are trying to access has its own mdw, you will have to join it. You can do so by running WRKGADM.EXE (also typically located in winnt\system32).

MS Access database -- not authorized/permission

hmm.... These are the corruption errors which comes in access database by Microsoft Jet Engine Database. Your problem is not that much tough as you are thinking you can read the article to fix the errors.

Provided Answers: 7
    mnk

have you tryed to import the database to a new file???
    hope this help

See clear as mud

StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB based on my own environment: vb6 sp5
    ASP based on my own environment: 5.6
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    MYLE
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.