Question Unanswered: duplicated application handle

Heys,

Im running DB2 V7.2 on an AIX 4.3.3 box.
    Today Ive noticed a weird thing happening, that I had never seen before or heard about it.
    About the Application Handle. They are unique Ids given by the DB2 to identify an application. But today there were multiple applications sharing the same APPL Handle. There arent many users on my prod environment. The usual is 70 connections, and top is 100. And the configuration for maximum connections is 150 with 300 agents.

Have you ever heard of anything alike before? If yes, what caused the DB2 to give the same Application Handle to distinct applications?

Thanks in advance.
    Fernando.

Re: duplicated application handle

I remember that there was such a bug in FP7... When this was identified
    , IBM released a newer FP7 ...

Check whether you are on FP7 ...

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by F.OHANA
    Heys,

Im running DB2 V7.2 on an AIX 4.3.3 box.
    Today Ive noticed a weird thing happening, that I had never seen before or heard about it.
    About the Application Handle. They are unique Ids given by the DB2 to identify an application. But today there were multiple applications sharing the same APPL Handle. There arent many users on my prod environment. The usual is 70 connections, and top is 100. And the configuration for maximum connections is 150 with 300 agents.

Have you ever heard of anything alike before? If yes, what caused the DB2 to give the same Application Handle to distinct applications?

Thanks in advance.
    Fernando.

Thanks,
    thats exactly what it was.
    I searched the APARs and found that IBM released a version of FP7 which had a bug when the max_logicagents instance parameter was configured with -1 (The default value) and there was a workload of more than 100 concurrent connections to the database server.
    The bugged version of FP7 is U482566 (7.1.0.65) and the new FP7 is U484485 (7.1.0.68).

The local fix for that bug, other than installing the new FP7, is to set the max_logicagent to a specific number (equal to max_coordagent) and different from -1, which is the default.

And thanks for the help.

Fernando