Thread: Multiable Users

Unhappy Unanswered: Multiable Users

I created an access data base and need to be able to have Multiable Users on at the same time.

I don't want to asign groups or passwords.

I just want users to access it at the same time.

Any support?

Thanks........

Re: Multiable Users

Originally posted by HDTV MAN
    I created an access data base and need to be able to have Multiable Users on at the same time.

Any support?

Thanks........
    Should be able to let them open the db and go. depending on db design you may have a few problems though, for example if you have a stage table where all of your end user data is suposed to go if you have mulipul users it will over write that table constantly making inconsitant results and bad data.
    Jim

the network folder which the mdb is in, is read only.

the network folder which the mdb is in, is read only.
    again depending on the app design that could not be a problem, as long as no new tables/queries are created...if all the users ahve access to that dir they should be able to open it all from diff machines and use a form to query the data
    Jim

that's what i thought...but only one machine can access the mdb at a time.

Originally posted by JDionne
    again depending on the app design that could not be a problem, as long as no new tables/queries are created...if all the users ahve access to that dir they should be able to open it all from diff machines and use a form to query the data
    Jim
    I tried puting a blank mdb in the same network folder and still only one machine at a time.

I tried puting a blank mdb in the same network folder and still only one machine at a time.
    maybe we are looking at a security issue. Can you put a mdb in a folder where the users have read/write?

Jim

maybe we are looking at a security issue. Can you put a mdb in a folder where the users have read/write?

Jim
    by defalt, every one logs into access as admin.

Can more than one admin access the mdb at the same time?

by defalt, every one logs into access as admin.

Can more than one admin access the mdb at the same time?
    should be, i have neaver changed that setting and have gotten multipule users on before.
    I think the issue may be with the fact that the dir is read only, that app needs to grow and write to itself
    Jim

should be, i have neaver changed that setting and have gotten multipule users on before.
    I think the issue may be with the fact that the dir is read only, that app needs to grow and write to itself
    Jim
    i hope your right. that's what I'm banking on. I got a ticket called into the help desk to get this changed.

i hope your right. that's what I'm banking on. I got a ticket called into the help desk to get this changed.
    you can test it, share a dir on your local machine give everyone full controle and put a db in it then go to diff pcs and log on, if you have local rights to make a share on your pc that is
    Jim

you can test it, share a dir on your local machine give everyone full controle and put a db in it then go to diff pcs and log on, if you have local rights to make a share on your pc that is
    Jim
    nope, I do not. But I'm working this.

thanks

You must give all your users read/write access to the shared drive so that all users may write to the temporary .ldb file that is created each time you open your databse. If your users have read only access - only one person may open it at a time!

-Keith

Originally posted by NightZen
    You must give all your users read/write access to the shared drive so that all users may write to the temporary .ldb file that is created each time you open your databse. If your users have read only access - only one person may open it at a time!

-Keith

thanks for the info..

Any support?

Thanks........
    Why don't u just create some users using the Wizard, It's very simple. Go to tools and run user lever security wizard. If you want, you can just give the same password for all the users.