Unanswered: Help with PHPMyAdmin...Please help.

I have chosen PhpMyAdmin as GUI for my DB admin tool.
    However I encountered a few problems with it.

1. I created the pdf output of the database but there's a highlighted field in almost every table and its not the primary keys, I realised that it's becos I clicked Relation View/Choose Field to display, and the field will be hightlighted in a diff. color from the PK, which i dun want.

How can I remove the highlighted field in pdf?

( On a side-note, the documentation doesnt state that the config variable for 'table_info' need to be filled up for pdf to be edited. But apparently, in my case, i need to create the table_info for me to edit and process pdf.)

2. Can the PDF output display the type of R/S between tables? Like one-to-many or one-to-one. If so, how do i modify it?

3. Under Relation View, what does the 'Links to' mean as far as master key and foreign key. If A links to B, does that mean B is a master key and A a foreign key? Can A be part of a series of primary keys in its own table?

thanks....

I remember doing the same thing and having this exact problem.

To fix it I deleted the entries from the phpMyAdmin tables. I can't actually remember which tables they were, but you should be able to figure it out.

Originally posted by Paul
    I remember doing the same thing and having this exact problem.

To fix it I deleted the entries from the phpMyAdmin tables. I can't actually remember which tables they were, but you should be able to figure it out.
    hihi...i am not sure what u meant . can you elaborate?

thanks

Did you enable the extra pdf functions of PHPMyAdmin yourself?

If so, you would have created a database and some tables. In these tables are all the definitions of your constraints etc. that PHPMyAdmin uses to create the pdf's. Simply find the relevent rows and delete them.

Hi....I understood what you meant. I have solved the problem of Selected Field in a table. Thanks ...

For the other 2 questions, can u help?
    Does the A attribute 'link to' B attribute indicate that A is the foreign key. I asked this question because is this the one way to ensure referential integrity?

Also can we have one-to-many/etc...r/s in the pdf?

thanks

If i am using ISAM tables with no foreign keys defined, can I still link the tables by foreign keys and create a relational DB with referential integerity?

No,

Only InnoDB supports foreign constraints and referential integrity, and that is only the latest betas.

The PHPMyAdmin tool is only for designing 'relationships', not 'constraints'.

hmmp.... if i self-assign the relationships of tables by linking them together which means i will determine the foreign keys manually and link them manually, can referential integerity be enforced if i use the function 'Check Referential Integrity' ?

As long as data entry is made only through phpMyAdmin, then yes. But it is the phpMyAdmin application that is enforcing the constraints and not the database engine.

With InnoDB, the database engine can enforce the constraints and you don't need to worry about coding it into the application.

thanks... btw , can the relationship type(1-to-1 / 1-to-many) be shown with pdf output?
    it would be really good if it can be shown.