Unanswered: MSSQLSERVER eventId 17055

Hello ...

I have 3 servers running MSSQLSERVER.
    Last night I found out that the MSSQLSERVER service restarted itself ( on all MSSQLSERVER servers ).

This is what the logs said :

eventId = 17055
    8-1-03 , 2:45:12 AM
    17310 :
    SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 796 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process.

eventId = 17055
    8-1-03 , 2:45:24 AM
    17311 :
    SQL Server is aborting. Fatal exception c0000005 caught.

eventId = 17052
    8-1-03 , 2:45:30 AM
    The MSSQLSERVER service terminated unexpectedly.

All the servers had the same logs ( expect of the time and differect process ).

Does anybody have a clue what it could be ?

Re: MSSQLSERVER eventId 17055

RE:

I have 3 servers running MSSQLSERVER. Last night I found out that the MSSQLSERVER service restarted itself ( on all MSSQLSERVER servers ). All the servers had the same logs ( expect of the time and differect process ).

Q1 Does anybody have a clue what it could be ?

A1 No.

However, from the co-incidence described, a wild guess would be that some SQL in a reused code snippet or a common user stored procedure is causing the issue to manifest itself. {For example: such issues have been observed to exist in certain circumstances when SELECT statements apply the DISTINCT logical operator, and SELECT statements have been known to cause such AVs when:
    1 A CHECK constraint exists on one of the columns in a queried table object, and
    2 The column with the Check constraint is a specified part of the SELECT statement, and
    3 The SELECT statement utilizes several LIKE predicates (in the WHERE clause of the SELECT statement).}

One possible strategy to consider would be to attempt to identify the offending SQL, and reproduce the error. Once certain of the SQL the issue occurs with, one would then re-write the sql statement(s) and / or proc such that the error does not occur.

Another would be to open a case with MS, and let PSS think about it (if it is indeed confirmed to be a bug, you may ask and have the support call fee refunded).