Unanswered: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

I installed Microsoft SQL Server 2000. And I'm trying to connect to my database, but no matter what I do, I get the following message:

Login failed for user 'me'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

Can anyone help me!???

Question Re: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

RE:
    Q1 I installed Microsoft SQL Server 2000. And I'm trying to connect to my database, but no matter what I do, I get the following message: Login failed for user 'me'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Can anyone help me!???

A1 Maybe.

Some things to consider and / or check may include:

Are Sql Services running? Is server security configured for Sql Server and Windows or Windows (only) authentication?

Is the server on a domain?

Is the accessing workstation on the domain?

Is me an account in the domain or is me a workstation account?

Is me a windows account or a standard sql server login account - to check for the existance of a Me login see (EM --> Security --> Logins: If me exists there, does it show the account as using windows or sql server authentication) ?

Does the me login have Database Access enabled for the desired databases?

{More detatiled information (including what has been attempted, etc.), makes it easier to provide more useful / helpful feedback.}

Re: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

Yes Sql server is running. And server security is configured for Windows authentication only.

No I don't believe the server is on a domain, and neighter the accessing workstation.

I believe Me is a worksation account.

Me is a standard sql server login account, and the account is using a sql server authentication.

And yes, the me login has Database Access enabled for the desired databases.

Thanks!

Originally posted by DBA
    RE:
    Q1 I installed Microsoft SQL Server 2000. And I'm trying to connect to my database, but no matter what I do, I get the following message: Login failed for user 'me'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. Can anyone help me!???

A1 Maybe.

Some things to consider and / or check may include:

Are Sql Services running? Is server security configured for Sql Server and Windows or Windows (only) authentication?

Is the server on a domain?

Is the accessing workstation on the domain?

Is me an account in the domain or is me a workstation account?

Is me a windows account or a standard sql server login account - to check for the existance of a Me login see (EM --> Security --> Logins: If me exists there, does it show the account as using windows or sql server authentication) ?

Does the me login have Database Access enabled for the desired databases?

{More detatiled information (including what has been attempted, etc.), makes it easier to provide more useful / helpful feedback.}

Re: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

...server security is configured for Windows authentication only...
    So you cannot use sql server authentication.

Well, you answered your own question when you responded to DBA saying 'And server security is configured for Windows authentication only.' - Right click the server and click on properties. Choose the security tab and select 'SQL Server and Windows' for authentification if you need to use sql authentification.

Thanks guys I figured it out too:-)

Originally posted by rnealejr
    Well, you answered your own question when you responded to DBA saying 'And server security is configured for Windows authentication only.' - Right click the server and click on properties. Choose the security tab and select 'SQL Server and Windows' for authentification if you need to use sql authentification.