Unanswered: Multi-Domain SQL Replication

I'm trying to replicate between a SQL 7 server in our domain and a SQL 2000 server in a workgroup. I'm not a SQL expert, but have been tasked to make this work. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

One question I have is that I thought the SQLSERVERAGENT services on both servers must use the SAME domain account. If so, how can I do this with the SQL 2000 server being in a workgroup? Thanks.

Chip
    Last edited by irishleo7; 01-09-03 at 10:20.

Re: Multi-Domain SQL Replication

OK i figured this out. I needed to create a local account on the server that's in its own workgroup that's the the same as the domain account being used on the other server. The passwords must match as well. This is called network pass-through security.

Originally posted by irishleo7
    I'm trying to replicate between a SQL 7 server in our domain and a SQL 2000 server in a workgroup. I'm not a SQL expert, but have been tasked to make this work. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

One question I have is that I thought the SQLSERVERAGENT services on both servers must use the SAME domain account. If so, how can I do this with the SQL 2000 server being in a workgroup? Thanks.

Chip
    Last edited by irishleo7; 01-10-03 at 10:09.