Angry Unanswered: How to upgrade 8.1.7.0.0 to 8.1.7.4.0

I completly new in Oracle.
    I installed a Oracle Client 8.1.7.0.0 on Solaris 2.7 and i want to upgrade to Oracle Client 8.1.7.4.0.

When can I download a patch to upgrade the client.

Thanks.

Smile

... Or if you don't have Oracle Support account (BTW you don't need one to download patches), go to ftp://148.87.8.191 . That's Oracle Support FTP Server. Login as anonymous/some@email.com

Then change to /server/patchsets/unix/SUN_SOLARIS2/81patchsets/32BIT/8.1.7.4

If you need for 64-bit Oracle, go back two steps to the ../../64BIT/.. directory.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa - OCP - DBA

Red face Upgrade to 8.1.7.4

Sorry, but i dont know how to upgrade to 8.1.7.4 from 8.1.7.0.

I downloaded a p2376472_8174_SOLARIS.zip, i read the README file and It΄s a patch for the Oracle Server.

I only want to upgrade the Oracle Client.

How Can I do????

A question:

When I run runInstaller program using this patch, can only install the Client upgrade???

Thanks

Smile

The paching is upgrade Oracle binaries - sqlplus, svrmgrl, tnslsnr, etc. including the kernel for the Server + step for the db upgrade by inself + ODBC + JDBC drivers, etc.

In Oracle client you still have ODBC, JDBC, SQL*Plus, Net8, etc. binaries/drives, so go ahead and apply the patch. It will upgrade whatever binaries are in the ORACLE_HOME you select from OUI. And skip the steps for db upgrade, edit the pfile, etc. - since you don't have them anyway.

I did it on Solaris 7 / Oracle 8.1.7 Client. SQL*Plus still shows 8.1.7.0.0 but sure drivers and other files got upgraded.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa - OCP - DBA

"SQL*Plus still shows 8.1.7.0.0 but sure drivers and other files got upgraded"

Is there any way to check/confirm the client has been upgraded?