Unanswered: Bizarre option group

In a form where I capture key strokes, I have seen a consistent problem. The user can make a change to a group only once (meaning the first time the group gets the focus).

Among the dozens of option groups there are, a couple groups allow the user to select one button with the mouse when the group first gets the focus. But after the first selection the mouse cannot be used to choose any other button. The arrows cannot be used to select another button. However, if the user clicks away to another control and then returns to the control by clicking on the previously 'locked' option button and it can be selected. In summary, the option buttons in the group can only be changed when the control is getting the focus.

Details about the bad option groups...
    same group properties as other groups
    same button properties as other buttons
    same field properties as other fields (data source)
    No hidden buttons or layered controls
    no control events like 'on focus'

the problem is limited to some groups/ not all.
    the problem is reproduceable.

Any ideas?
    John
    This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

From the archives.

For anyone who has been denied sleep because of this puzzler...

The problem: The user can not change the selection of an option group using the mouse after the first selection of an option button has been made. Again, once an option button is clicked, no other option button in the group can be clicked.

The Solution:After researching this traumatizing problem, we found it was as simple as this. The option group controls were too close to each other. After separating the controls, even ever so slighty (via Ctrl DownArrow) the problem was resolved.

This should be submitted to Ripley's Believe it or Not.
    John
    This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.