Question Unanswered: Can't connect from MS Access 2000 to SQL server 2000

Since the webhosting company's upgraded its SQL server 7 to SQL server 2000, I'm not able to connect from MS Access 2000 to the server and update a DB with 'Convert to SQL database' tool. All I got was a message window with text 'Overflow'. Then I updated Access with SR pack 1 and SQL 2000 readyreness kit. The only thing what changed was the text on the message window. Now it says '[DBNETLIB] [Connection Open(Connect()).] SQL server doesn't exist or the access was refused' if I use already created ODBC data source. If I create a new ODBC data source, the wizard lets me do all steps, starts transferring and abruptly ends with message that transferred tables were skipped or the transfer was unsuccesful.

Can anybody help me ?

Or is there any other tool with which I can update tables on MS SQL server ?

thanks

Glowi

Re: Can't connect from MS Access 2000 to SQL server 2000

Q1 Can anybody help me ?
    Q2 Is there any other tool with which I can create and modify tables on MS SQL server ?

A1 Possibly.
    A2 You may wish to consider using MS Sql Server Enterprise Manager, EM, or Query Analyzer, QA, a.k.a.(ISQLW), to aid you in assessing where (and possibly how) the procedures you were attempting to complete have failed (and / or to complete or redo the process, to complete your desired task(s)). It may be easier to import the structures, etc., from EM.