Unanswered: current date problem

Hi all,
    I'm trying to store the current date in a DATE column using "date(current timestamp)", but when I retrieve it, the hour, minute and second are being lost. I get, for example, 26/10/1978 00:00. What's wrong?

Thanx in advance.
    giazzon

Re: current date problem

Hey Giazzon,

Are you sure that your column datatype is DATE? Because the Date datatype won´t store the hours and minutes of the records.

If your column is indeed Date, try using the command "current date", instead of "current timestamp". This will prevent you from casting types unnecessarily. And note that this way, you won´t have the hour, minutes and seconds.

But if you wish to hold the hour, minutes and seconds, define your column type as "TIMESTAMP" and don´t use the function "date()", which will cause the loss of that information.

HTH
    Fernando

Originally posted by giazzon
    Hi all,
    I'm trying to store the current date in a DATE column using "date(current timestamp)", but when I retrieve it, the hour, minute and second are being lost. I get, for example, 26/10/1978 00:00. What's wrong?

Thanx in advance.
    giazzon

Re: current date problem

Fernando,
    I was really using the DATE datatype. Actually I'm used to Oracle, so I guess it will take a time to catch all the differences, like TIMESTAMP.

Thanks!
    Giovanni Giazzon

postei em inglês pq sei que muitos gostam de acompanhar as discussões...
    um abraço