Arrow I can't build the SQL procedure after I call it in the CLP,why?

HI, all

I am developing the SQL stored procedure using SPB(Stored Procedure Builder) on windows 2000 and DB2 v7.1. I found that I can't build the sql procedure again after I call it in the CLP.

I have finished to build the SQL stored procedure and then I call it in the CLP(Command Line Processor). But I found that the result is error, so I modified the SQL stored procedure using SPB and then builded it. The messages of SPB is:

DB2ADMIN.PROC3 - Failed to drop the stored procedure.

DB2ADMIN.PROC3 - [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0970N The system attempted to write to a read-only file. SQLSTATE=55009

DB2ADMIN.PROC3 - Create stored procedure returns -454.

DB2ADMIN.PROC3: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0454N The signature provided in the definition for routine "PROC3" matches the signature of some other routine that already exists in the schema or for the type. SQLSTATE=42723

DB2ADMIN.PROC3 - Build failed.

DB2ADMIN.PROC3 - Changes rolled back.

Who can tell me how to resolve this problem?

Re: I can't build the SQL procedure after I call it in the CLP,why?

App Dev Guide Says

"
    For stored procedures, the keyword KEEPDARI has the default value yes. This keeps the stored procedure process alive. If you are developing a stored procedure, you may want to test loading the same stored procedure library a number of times. This default setting may interfere with reloading the library. Its best to change the value of this keyword to no while developing stored procedures, and then change it back to yes when you are ready to load the final version of your stored procedure.
    "

Also, have a read through the technote

http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/...d2w&fn=1006542

Have a nice day

Sathyaram

Originally posted by zhouhaiming
    HI, all

I am developing the SQL stored procedure using SPB(Stored Procedure Builder) on windows 2000 and DB2 v7.1. I found that I can't build the sql procedure again after I call it in the CLP.

I have finished to build the SQL stored procedure and then I call it in the CLP(Command Line Processor). But I found that the result is error, so I modified the SQL stored procedure using SPB and then builded it. The messages of SPB is:

DB2ADMIN.PROC3 - Failed to drop the stored procedure.

DB2ADMIN.PROC3 - [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0970N The system attempted to write to a read-only file. SQLSTATE=55009

DB2ADMIN.PROC3 - Create stored procedure returns -454.

DB2ADMIN.PROC3: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0454N The signature provided in the definition for routine "PROC3" matches the signature of some other routine that already exists in the schema or for the type. SQLSTATE=42723

DB2ADMIN.PROC3 - Build failed.

DB2ADMIN.PROC3 - Changes rolled back.

Who can tell me how to resolve this problem?

Thank you for your help. I have resolved this problem.

Please can you brief on how you resolved the problem ...

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by zhouhaiming
    Thank you for your help. I have resolved this problem.

1 db2cmd
    2 db2 update database manager configuration using KEEPDARI NO
    or db2 update dbm cfg using KEEPDARI NO
    3 db2stop force
    4 db2start