Red face Unanswered: Platform problems, HELP

I've developed a database for someone, got it working perfectly gave it to him and it wont work the errors it chucks up include
    "open form action was canceled"
    "can't perform that action at the current time"
    and some thing about no recognising the the 'right' function the only place i can think off that i've used the right command is the query
    SELECT Right([cocust],Len([cocust])-2) AS AccountNo, Cust.NAME, Cust.ADDR1, Cust.ADDR2, Cust.ADDR3, Cust.CITY, Cust.POSTCODE
    FROM Cust;

anyone know what the problem might be? i';m at a bit of a disadvantage as i can't find another pc that it won't work on and i can't get easy access to the other guys pc
    Last edited by m.timoney; 01-10-03 at 07:34.
    Definition of a Beginner, Someone who doesn't know the rules.

Definition of an Expert, Someone who knows when to ignore the rules.

Re: Platform problems, HELP

Originally posted by m.timoney
    I've developed a database for someone, got it working perfectly gave it to him and it wont work the errors it chucks up include
    "open form action was canceled"
    "can't perform that action at the current time"
    and some thing about no recognising the the 'right' function the only place i can think off that i've used the right command is the query
    SELECT Right([cocust],Len([cocust])-2) AS AccountNo, Cust.NAME, Cust.ADDR1, Cust.ADDR2, Cust.ADDR3, Cust.CITY, Cust.POSTCODE
    FROM Cust;

anyone know what the problem might be? i';m at a bit of a disadvantage as i can't find another pc that it won't work on and i can't get easy access to the other guys pc
    Most likely DLL issues (missing or old version). VBA332.DLL has the RIGHT function. Also, if you are using other ActiveX controls such as the common dialog, these DLLs might be missing.

On the persons machine, open a module, then goto tools/references. See if anytyhing is missing.

thanks i think i've got it, i've pulled out every vb refference dll that i'm not activly using and it seems to have worked
    Last edited by m.timoney; 01-10-03 at 12:51.
    Definition of a Beginner, Someone who doesn't know the rules.

Definition of an Expert, Someone who knows when to ignore the rules.