Unanswered: Exception in Access2000, VBA code

I have been working on an Access 2000 database.
    It crashed with an exception. Can anybody help me ?

The problem is in the VBA code modules of the forms, I guess since the last action I did was adding a button to a form and clicking Cancel on the wizard that popped up.

Here aare other clues :
    1. Database opens, within 8-10 second it again crashes with a "send error..." message.
    2. Using repair and compact tool crashes it again.
    3. When database opened if I double click a form or a table or any other object, it immediately crashes
    4. When database opened I can open forms and tables in design view but after some time it crashes again
    5. Even I can make design changes in forms (until it crashes), I can not save them as well.

I guess the exception is caused by the vba part of the db.
    In order to be able to get the code at least, I copy a form and paste it to another just-created clean access file. But as soon as I copy it there it crashes as well.

The actual data in the database is worthless since i was working on it and all the data are just samples etc. Tables, Forms etc are not important as well. But I need the VBA code in it which is something I can not even view.

So how can I retrieve the code I have in this database ? Is there any way to it ?

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions, ideas, information.

SOS ! Save my life please !

Re: Exception in Access2000, VBA code

I had the same issue with an Access 2000 database. I eventually had to copy all the code out into Notepad. Delete all the modules from all the forms. Repair the database. Create a new Db and import the forms into the new db. Then copy and paste the code from notepad.

I found one article quite useful. Although it was not the error message I was getting, It managed to shed some light in a "dark and dingy db world of mine".

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;241233

Originally posted by xenotime
    I have been working on an Access 2000 database.
    It crashed with an exception. Can anybody help me ?

The problem is in the VBA code modules of the forms, I guess since the last action I did was adding a button to a form and clicking Cancel on the wizard that popped up.

Here aare other clues :
    1. Database opens, within 8-10 second it again crashes with a "send error..." message.
    2. Using repair and compact tool crashes it again.
    3. When database opened if I double click a form or a table or any other object, it immediately crashes
    4. When database opened I can open forms and tables in design view but after some time it crashes again
    5. Even I can make design changes in forms (until it crashes), I can not save them as well.

I guess the exception is caused by the vba part of the db.
    In order to be able to get the code at least, I copy a form and paste it to another just-created clean access file. But as soon as I copy it there it crashes as well.

The actual data in the database is worthless since i was working on it and all the data are just samples etc. Tables, Forms etc are not important as well. But I need the VBA code in it which is something I can not even view.

So how can I retrieve the code I have in this database ? Is there any way to it ?

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions, ideas, information.

SOS ! Save my life please !
    Mona

Thank you.

But my problem is that I can not reach to the code !

I could reach the forms, tables and other objects but could not copy-paste them to another db. Anyway I did not care about objects. I needed the code and since I could not solve this problem I have written the code again from scratch in the last weekend. An now I am resting