Exclamation Unanswered: Replication from SQL 2K to AS400/DB2 using OLEDB2/HIS

Alright, I need some serious help here.

I've got data on a SQL server that I need to push to an AS400, replication style/immediately. I'm using the OLE DB2 driver that came with Host Integration Svr. and I've set it up as a Linked server in Enterprise Manager/SQL 2K.

I've also set up the table I need replicated as a publisher and qualified heterogeneous data sources as subscribers.

When I open the linked datasource in enterprise manager, i can see the appropriate tables on the AS400/DB2.

Now what I need to do copy an entire row from SQL to DB2/AS400 when one of the fields on SQL = Y. I have no idea where go from here.

I get a SQL error when trying to do a PUSH SUBSCRIPTION.

Do you have any insight on replication from SQL 2K to the AS400/DB2
    (V4R5)?

Any help or direction would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thumbs down Re: Replication from SQL 2K to AS400/DB2 using OLEDB2/HIS

Fellas? Anyone.... bueller, bueller?

I need some help here, I'm at a crossroads!

tanner

Originally posted by tbechtel
    Alright, I need some serious help here.

I've got data on a SQL server that I need to push to an AS400, replication style/immediately. I'm using the OLE DB2 driver that came with Host Integration Svr. and I've set it up as a Linked server in Enterprise Manager/SQL 2K.

I've also set up the table I need replicated as a publisher and qualified heterogeneous data sources as subscribers.

When I open the linked datasource in enterprise manager, i can see the appropriate tables on the AS400/DB2.

Now what I need to do copy an entire row from SQL to DB2/AS400 when one of the fields on SQL = Y. I have no idea where go from here.

I get a SQL error when trying to do a PUSH SUBSCRIPTION.

Do you have any insight on replication from SQL 2K to the AS400/DB2
    (V4R5)?

Any help or direction would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Question Re: Replication from SQL 2K to AS400/DB2 using OLEDB2/HIS

RE:
    Question I

It is not 100% clear what is meant by see. Is it possible to Select From and Insert into the AS400/DB2 tables, (or, what errors occur if either is attempted)?

RE:
    Question II

Following along the lines of Question I; what does something like the following (properly fully qualified) statement do (or, what errors occur if attempted):

Insert into DBS/AS400 (column1, column2, etc.) Select (column1, column2, etc.) From Sql Where field1OnSQL = 'Y' and field2OnSQL = 'Y' and ... etc.

RE:
    Q1 Do you have any insight on replication from SQL 2K to the AS400/DB2 (V4R5)?
    A1 No. Not specifically.

RE:
    I have no idea where go from here. Any help or direction would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
    This probably wasn't particularly helpful; did it at least give some
    idea of where go from here?