Question Unanswered: valdationtext subfields?

If I want to put up a msgbox, I can specify the title that appears in the title bar on the top of the msgbox box with something like this:

msgbox "Here's the message",,"Here's the title"

If I want to do validation through access, I can set a validation rule for a field like this:

txtfld01.ValidationRule = "> 65"
    txtfld01.ValidationText = "this field must be greater than 65"

But the msgbox that is displayed has a default value in the title, not the "Here's the title" header that is in the first msgbox above. Additionally I cannot reference all of the other msgbox features that I can when building my own, like the button that shows up in the box next to the message. And the beep that sounds in the case of a msgbox is not the same as the sound that comes from a Validation process.

Can I control what's in the title bar, and the sound?

TIA for any help

-bob thompson-

Re: valdationtext subfields?

There are 2 versions of MsgBox, the MsgBox action and the Msgbox() function. I think you want to use the function.

I'm not trying to use the msgbox action or function, but rather the ValidatioRule and ValidationText property. My problem is that while the Msgbox function allows you to manipulate the bar on the top of the msgbox, as in:

msgbox "here is the message",,"here is the bar"....

the ValidationText property does not have this option, as in:

fld1.ValidationText = "here is the message"

I see no reference to the ability when building a field validation of any way to tweek the bar on the top of the validation message window, and want to know if anyone knows of a way to do what amounts to:

fld1.ValidationBarOnTop = "here is the bar"

-bt-

I don't think there is a way to tweek the validation error popup.