Unanswered: How do I (web interface)

As you can tell I am very, very new to oracle. I have installed Oracle 9i on a Sun Solaris 8 Platform. What I want to do is create a web page so other people can sumbit information. How does/ or do I get my index.html (main Page) submit onfo to the database, and how do i view the results via the web? Attached is an example.

Many thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails web_record.jpg  

Question Re: How do I (web interface)

hi !

i hope, i understand you right: you want access the oracle database via webbrowser?
    so you will need a technology which is able to do this, e.g. PHP, ASP, ... with PHP you can access an oracle-database, submit info to the database and you can make a query and view the result via web. (for more information take a look at www.php.net)

susi

hi
    being pretty new to oracle myself, i have been tinkering with inserts from web pages. It is possible to insert data using just an htm page and a simple form. I'm looking into how to query data back atm.
    here's what i got to insert stuff with.... (intermedia is installed on my ora db, i'm on solaris 8 too)

<FORM action="http://servername:7777/intermedia/schemaname/mediaput/dbpackage.function" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="form1" name="form1">
    <textarea name="address1" id="add1" class="address_det"></textarea><br />
    <textarea name="address2" id="add2" class="address_det"></textarea><br />
    <textarea name="address3" id="add3" class="address_det"></textarea><br />
    <textarea name="address4" id="add4" class="address_det"></textarea><br />
    <textarea name="address5" id="add5" class="address_det"></textarea><br />
    <textarea name="address6" id="add6" class="address_det"></textarea><br />
    <textarea name="address7" id="add7" class="address_det"></textarea><br />
    <textarea name="comments" id="comments" class="address_det"></textarea><br />
    <input type="Submit" value="Save" id=Submit1 name=Submit1 class="butt"><br />
    <input type="reset" value="Clear" id=reset1 name=reset1 class="butt">
    </FORM>

might be useless to you but it's one example.
    If/when i find out more i'll let you know..

cheers,
    f

Hi,
    U should have websever like JavaWebserver to access ur pages.To access the database u can use servlets or some other middleware.
    The servelts will connect to database run ur quries on database and get the results.with the results, servlets can generate a html page dynamically and throw back to the webrowser. u can also insert records into database by passing ur information to servlets.

Regards,
    Senthil

Probably the easiest way is to use Apache that comes with Oracle. Part of Apache that is included with Oracle is a module called modplsql. This is a direct connector into the database.

There are also a packages within Oracle for returning information to this module: OWA, OWA_UTIL, HTP, and HTF. They all have functions that return data to the browser via Apache. In your PL/SQL package, you would have some code that looks like this:

htp.print( '<html><head><title>My PL/SQL Page</title></head></html>' );

There are procedure calls for form elements as well...

Joe