Talking Unanswered: unbound check box on form

I've created a form that list current invoices (in continuous form). I've added an unbound checkbox at the end of each row (each invoice). I need the user to check off which invoices they want to print. My problem is that when the check box is checked... all rows (all records) show the box checked and vice versa. How do I make the check box only work with the row (record) it is on?

Thanks again for coming to my rescue!
    Debbie

Re: unbound check box on form

This is happening due to the fact that the checkbox is unbound, therefore what you do in one record will happen in all records.

What I did in this situation was to create a temp table that contained the invoice numbers (or whatever the PK is of the invoice table), a yes/no field called Print, and any other relevant fields that you need to see the data for.

Use this temp table to populate the form. That will allow you to tick print for those that need to be printed.

OR

You can add a yes/no field to the invoice table for print an work it that way instead.

Originally posted by debbie5154
    I've created a form that list current invoices (in continuous form). I've added an unbound checkbox at the end of each row (each invoice). I need the user to check off which invoices they want to print. My problem is that when the check box is checked... all rows (all records) show the box checked and vice versa. How do I make the check box only work with the row (record) it is on?

Thanks again for coming to my rescue!
    Debbie
    Mona

How do I create a temp table? I've seen other mentions of using a temp table but not sure what is meant.
    Thanks for you quick reponse to my first posting.
    Debbie

I will sometime this arvo whip something up for you ....

Originally posted by debbie5154
    How do I create a temp table? I've seen other mentions of using a temp table but not sure what is meant.
    Thanks for you quick reponse to my first posting.
    Debbie
    Mona