Unanswered: DB2 Connect to ODBC Driver

Hi
    I am new to DB2. I have a remote Linux server which has DB2. I want to connect to the remote server from my PC using ODBC. It asks for

Initial catalog :
    Package Collection :
    Default Schema :
    Alternate TP Name :

I dont know what i have to fill in for Initial Catalog and Package Collection.

If a catalog has to be created where it has to be created.

I dont have DB2 in my local PC. I want to connect using ODBC.

Pls Help

Re: DB2 Connect to ODBC Driver

I am also new to db2. It runs in version 8.1 on a linux box and I am still trying to get ODBC working. I used the tool db2ca to bind odbc driver to the database "sample" - and I don't know if I did anything right.

I installed unixodbc, got the iSeries drivers from ibm, configured manually the files odbcinst.ini and odbc.ini, but the odbctest utility crashes with segmentation fault. I also tried libodbc.so in /opt/IBM/db2/V8.1/odbc/lib/, it crashes too.

How did you install odbc on your linux box?! Does the odbctest utility work?

Btw, I don't know the option for your problem. I thought you only need to configure the DSN on your client. Therefor you need to specify the driver, the database, and maybe some other details...

TIA, Oliver.

Originally posted by jtamil2001
    Hi
    I am new to DB2. I have a remote Linux server which has DB2. I want to connect to the remote server from my PC using ODBC. It asks for

Initial catalog :
    Package Collection :
    Default Schema :
    Alternate TP Name :

I dont know what i have to fill in for Initial Catalog and Package Collection.

If a catalog has to be created where it has to be created.

I dont have DB2 in my local PC. I want to connect using ODBC.

Pls Help